Thanks to medical research and breakthroughs, we now have the tools to end the HIV epidemic. Unfortunately, we’re still a long way off on account of stigma, misinformation and a lack of awareness with regard to prevention options. So it’s essential that we talk about it.
Brad McElya, joins us to take a deeper dive into the topic of HIV and answers your questions including:
- How have approaches to HIV shifted since the 80s?
- Is HIV transmission possible if you have an undetectable viral load?
- What is PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) and how does it work to prevent transmission?
- Who should consider PrEP?
- Why is HIV still an epidemic when we have the tools to eradicate it?
- How do we chip away at the stigma that hinders testing, prevention and treatment?
- How can we normalize conversations about HIV and how can your local pharmacist help?
We also discuss the new ArcWave Ion and Brandon provides a very personal and detailed review of his first time using this stroker + pleasure-air technology. You don’t want to miss it!
Brad is Walgreens’ Director of Specialty Health Solutions. Walgreens pharmacists receive specialized training in confidential and compassionate HIV care. Learn more at Walgreens.com/prep or visit your local Walgreens and request a consult in a private room. And you can chat online 24/7 with a pharmacist here.
Please see here for a rough version of this transcript.