Practicing safe sex may not be something you have done for awhile but if you are starting out in the swinger lifestyle, or are little rusty on your facts, this is definitely the podcast to listen to. We are covering STIs, HIV, oral sex, and testing. Swingers tend to be big on testing and we are going to break that down for you too.
Safe Sex In The Swinger Lifestyle
- Is Oral Sex Safer?
- STI Types & Timelines
- HIV Testing & How It Works
- How Do You Know If You Are Really Safe?
STIs Types, Timelines, and Symptoms:
- Chlamydia: 1-3 weeks, 50% Men & 70% women = no symptoms.
- Genital Herpes: 4-7 days, most people don’t have any symptoms when first infected.
- Genital Warts: 2-3 months, most people with the virus don’t develop obvious warts.
- Gonorrhea: 10 days, 10% Men & 50% Women = no symptoms.
- Pubic Lice & Scabies: 5 days – 5 weeks
- Syphilis: 2-3 weeks, symptoms not obvious and may come and go.
- Trichomoniasis: 4 weeks, 50% Men & Women = no symptoms.
- HIV: 2-6 weeks, some get symptoms, some don’t.
VIP Testing Services
How soon can I take an HIV test?
The Aids Institute
CDC Fact Sheets
SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE SURVEILLANCE 2017
HOW DO HIV TESTS WORK?
HOW SOON CAN I TAKE AN HIV TEST?
ORAL STD FACTS & RISKS
HOW SOON DO STI SYMPTOMS OCCUR?