How much time should you spend together?
What constitutes quality time?
How do you talk about your need for alone time, and time apart?
How do you divide your time when you’re busy and there never seems to be enough time?
In this episode, Jess and Brandon share their personal responses to the questions in the “Talking About Time Discussion” — questions and reflection prompts for better time management in relationships. You can utilize it with a partner or any other loved one and use these prompt to get started:
- How much time do you like to spend alone and why?
- How much time do you want to spend with friends? Why is it important to you to spend time with friends?
- How much time do you want to spend with your family? Why is time with your family important to you?
- Are you happy with the time we do spend together – would you like more or less?
- Would you like to spend our time together differently?
- What benefits do you attach to spending time apart?
- What do you see as the greatest impediment to spending quality time together? How can we address this?
- What change can we make this week to improve the quality of the time together?
- How did your family spend time together growing up? What might you change if you could do it again?
- What is your definition of “quality time”?
- Do you have any experiences; with quality time, lack of time, or time apart from other relationships that might help me understand how you feel about how we allocate time together and apart?
Special thanks to our sponsor Adam and Eve. Use code DRJESS to get 50% off almost any item + get FREE shipping + some Free goodies
If you’ve got questions or topic suggestions for the podcast, submit them here. As well, you can now record your messages for us! Please record your message/question in a quiet room and use your phone’s headphones with a built-in mic if possible.