A listener shares their story and feelings after having had cheated on their long-term partner. They ask for help managing the guilt and shame and Jess & Brandon weigh in on the topic with a discussion of:
- Whether or not to tell your partner about an affair
- Why talking about cheating can be helpful in all relationships
- How to talk about affairs in the hypothetical to improve understanding in relationships
- How the language of confession can feel burdensome
- How to manage feelings of guilt
- How to forgive yourself
- How to work through feelings of shame
- How to practice self-compassion
- How to learn from previous regrets
Please see here for a rough version of this transcript.
This podcast has been sponsored by Let’sGetChecked. Use code DRJESS to save at checkout!