Marriage and family therapist Shadeen Francis joins us to talk about X-Men, therapy, vulnerability and emptying the jug. She helps us to explore the following questions:
- How can the “emptying the jug” approach lead to more fulfilling relationships?
- How can we even begin to open up and let our guard down?
- What language can we use if we’re new to opening up and letting others in?
- How can empathy transform experiences?
- How is self-esteem tied to vulnerability?
- What does it mean to be vulnerable — the good and the bad?
- How can distraction be useful when dealing with difficult experiences?
- How can we improve communication around challenging topics?
- How can we open up and be more open to being emotionally impacted?
This podcast is brought to you by Let’s Get Checked. Use code DRJESS to save at checkout!